Saturday, August 20, 2011

Smash Box

Smash books are so cool. And in my small town they are also nearly impossible to find. So here's a spin on the book - a box.

Digital supplies- The Everyday kit by Valorie Wibbens

Physical supplies- Altoid tin, cardstock, scissors, corner punch, round punch, glue stick, bone file, and zig pen

Want to make one with me? Here's what it will look like-



If you are using Val's The Everyday, it is already sized perfectly for a tin. (If you'll be using another kit, Val's The Everyday has a mask/template you may like to use to size your pages just right.)

First, line up the files width to width and print. They should look something like this-



Next cut out your goodies. The strips you cut out, it's important to leave some excess on one end of the strip to use as an extention.



Trim that excess on the one end into a tab shape. With some glue you can adhere it to another strip now end to end like this-



You should have one long stip here in the end. You may notice, I use envelopes to keep my smaller items sorted and organized.

Now its time to accordian fold the strip. I use a bone file to make a good crease in cardstock. Next, use a corner rounder punch to all edges. The glue the end file into the base of the Altoid tin. It should look something like this-



It should fold up and fit like this-



I used the round punch to cut out The Everyday Numbers. And in the end, this is what I have-



The cover was a individual file that I added a text layer to. I printed, used a corner punch, and glued it to the lid. All that is left now, is to decorate.

If you are unfamiliar with the idea of a Smash book, here's a link. It will hopefully give you some more inspiration- http://youtu.be/_PFsArr4Z1s

No comments:

Post a Comment